To apply for Free School Meals your joint family income needs to be £16,190 or under per year.
And to be in receipt of one of the listed:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit.
If you are unsure of the family annual income or if you receive any of the above you can complete the application form which will be assessed and the agency will advise accordingly.
Pupil Premium – Free School Meals
As you may be aware, from September 2014, pupils in Reception, Year 1, and Year 2 (KS1), will receive a free school meal under the Governments new initiative.
It is important that if you claim benefits and your child is entitled to free school meals now, you must complete the attached form in order for the school to receive the Pupil Premium.
By the school receiving the Pupil Premium, this would enhance your child’s education, sensory needs, and well-being during the school day.
If however, you wish to pay for school meals for your child, the cost in £1.80 per day, which is £9.00 per week. Payment is due on the Monday morning of each week, payment can be made by cash or cheque through the school office, by sending the payment in an sealed envelope with your child’s name and class clearly marked on it, in your child’s school bag.
Free School Meal Application Nur - Year 2
Free School Meal Application Year 3 upwards